Totally Twill: The Basics with Robyn Spady [DVD]
Learn the basics to making your own twill fabric with instructions from master weaver Robyn Spady!
With this video workshop, you'll learn how to mix and match twill threadings,
tie-ups, and treadling to create a profusion of patterns.
Totally Twill: The Basics
From its lovely drape to its shaft-thrifty and seemingly endless patterning possibilities, twill is perhaps the most versatile of weave structures. In this 86-minute workshop, master weaver Robyn Spady will show you how to create your own beautiful twill!
In this workshop, you'll learn:
- How to use the twill circle to design twill patterns
- How to determine sett and when to use floating selvedges
- How to use different twill variations, from rosepath and birds-eye to M and W, turned, and fancy twills
- How to create double-faced cloth using unbalanced twills
- How to design twill gamps
Armed with Robyn's clear explanations and helpful weaving tips, youll soon be inventing your own unique twill fabrics.
- Running Time: 86 Minutes
- ISBN: 9781620337479