I Can Do That with Chad Stanton: Episodes 1-6 [DVD]
The handsome and simple projects of I Can Do That are the perfect introduction to woodworking and theyre nice, quick builds for the experienced woodworker, too! In this collection of six videos from ICDT host Chad Stanton, youll learn step-by-step how to build solid, well-designed items using inexpensive materials and tools from the home center. Using basic hand tools and portable power tools, you can convert dimensional lumber into great-looking furniture for your home.
- Episode 1: Limbert Chair This great-looking chair with Arts & Crafts styling works for either indoor or outdoor use and is much easier to build than you might think!
- Episode 2: Tool Rack Useful in the shop to hold a variety of woodworking tools, this pine rack can also be used in the kitchen to hold spices and cooking tools.
- Episode 3: Tool Chest Only glue and nails are required to assemble this classic pine chest. Simple hardware makes it functional and portable.
- Episode 4: Lap Desk This portable lap desk will put your computer at the proper angle, and allow ventilation to keep things cool!
- Episode 5: Country Shelf Perfect for knickknacks, in the lavatory, kitchen or nearly anywhere, this shelf is simple to build using strong dado joints made with a router.
- Episode 6: Egg-crate Shelves This clever set of wall-hung shelves are joined by what is known as an egg-crate joint. The concept is simple and you can size the shelf to suit your needs.
About the host:
Chad Stanton has been a full-time licensed contractor and professional furniture maker for 20 years. He has written articles for American Woodworker magazine, and teaches woodworking classes at Woodcraft stores. He also does demonstrations on hand-tool woodworking and home renovation at various shows. He lives and works in Toledo, Ohio.