Easy Wire Stone Capture: 4 Alternative Ways to Set Stones with Janice Berkebile - DVD
Wrap your stones in style!
Pump up your designs with four beautiful wire wrapped stone cages
Join wire and metal artist Janice Berkebile for this wire jewelry tutorial that explores how to make four wire wrapped stone designs. Discover how to create beautiful and functional wire cages using simple wire wrapping and weaving techniques. Lean Janice's techniques for transforming focal pieces into wire jewelry masterpieces.
Go in depth with Janice as she takes you step by step through everything you need to know from detailed tools and setup lists to finishing your wire jewelry designs with oxidation and more. From a simple single wire loop, to capturing a focal stone in a woven wire cage, discover a design that inspires your wire jewelry projects! Whether your stone has a drilled hole or not, craft a beautiful and unique wire wrapped cabochon that will pump up your designs.
Create beautiful wire wrapped stones as you:
- Discover how to weave a flat band of basketweave into two stone setting designs, perfect for a flat-backed stone or center-drilled stone.
- Learn how wrapping, spiraling, and looping can add pizzazz and security to your wire jewelry patterns.
- Discover all the steps you need to know to be successful, from creating bails and jump rings, to expertly adding wire to your designs.
- Learn her expert tips and tricks for effectively using pliers, flush cutters, a chasing hammer, and a micro torch.
- See techniques for incorporating beads and dangling charms into your focals for a truly dazzling design.
And much, much more!
Get ready to pump up your designs and create beautiful wire bezels! Watch this DVD on your own time, and start and stop when it's convenient for you. Skip the guesswork with up close shots, detailed tool and materials lists, and expert recommendations and tips from Janice herself. Grab your pliers and get ready to craft beautiful handmade wire jewelry.
- Running Time: 96 Minutes