Woodturning with Tim Yoder Season 1 Episodes 7-12 [DVD]
*** PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BUYING: Label & DVD are incorrectly marked as Season 2***
Join well-known PBS start and expert woodturner Tim Yoder for episodes 7-12 of Woodturning with Tim Yoder, brought to you by Popular Woodworking Magazine. In each 30-minute episode, Tim takes you through the process of making beautiful woodturning projects, from a Roman canteen to a drawer box.
Woodturning with Tim Yoder teaches you valuable woodturning techniques while creating great woodworking projects. Whether you are new to turning, or looking for ways to build your skills, Tim will make it fun!
Enjoy these 6 episodes:
- Episode 7: Elegant Coffee ScoopFashion an elegant coffee scoop from figured wood; attaching the handle to the scoop at just the right angle is the crowning achievement.
- Episode 8: Turning a Roman CanteenTim shows you how to make a Roman canteen, a turned vessel that holds water! Its a nice-looking project and a clever turning process.
- Episode 9: Make a Salt CellarA must for cooks or at the bar for margaritas! This project uses a rotating hinge and a rare-earth magnet to keep things closed.
- Episode 10: String TopTurn a classic toy for kids of all ages - a string top. Its actually two turnings: the top itself and the launching stick. Both show elegance and thoughtfulness.
- Episode 11: Make Your Own Garden DibbleIts an excellent tool for creating a hole to place flower bulbs, but Tims version is particularly nice; because its long enough to avoid bending over all the time.
- Episode 12: Drawer BoxTim makes an attractive cylindrical box and then turns a cylindrical drawer (from a nicely accenting wood species) to fit inside.
About the Host
Tim Yoder was the host and producer of the Emmy award winning show Woodturning Workshop seen nationwide on PBS stations. Hes been a woodturner for almost 20 years, and a television photographer/producer for 30 years. Combining these experiences and skills with his easy-going personality, Tim presents turning tips and techniques in a way thats interesting and entertaining to woodturners of all levels.
- Running Time: 180 Minutes
- Format: DVD
- Condition: New
- ISBN: 9781440341984