Classic Episodes, The Woodwright's Shop with Roy Underhill [Season 10]  [2-DVD Set]
Charismatic and innovative, woodworker Roy Underhill has been educating and entertaining people with his unrivaled knowledge of traditional hand tools and woodworking techniques for more than 30 years.
Now you can enjoy all the classic episodes from the tenth season of his hit PBS show any time you want.
This 2-DVD set gives you six hours with Roy,
- Make this rocking horse Roy's daughter Eleanor helps him build a traditional rocking horse.
- Beat your ash basketry Jonathan Kline visits the shop to create a traditional Black Ash basket, stripping the material from the log.
- Make a revolving bookcase Build an early 20thCentury revolving bookcase that holds an amazing number of books.
- Timber building in franconia Roy visits the Franconian Openair Museum in Bavaria to look at woodworking, timber framing and craftsmanship.
- Secrets of german woodcraft Back at the Franconian Openair Museum to look at early German building and construction techniques.
- Make a garden gate Roy builds an openframe garden gate.
- Hooks, crooks walking sticks One of Roy's passions is walking sticks, here he shows how to make a walking stick with its own builtin flute.
- Make a music mill from bali Build a charming, windpowered, bamboo music mill.
- Dovetailing in the tool chest Roy revisits an earlier tool chest project to show the value and importance of dovetailing.
- As the wood turns Roy gives us an overview on turning and of three lathes: a springpole lathe, a folding springpole lathe and a foottreadle flywheel lathe.
- A boat to build with the kids Rachel Underhill joins her dad in the shop to make a canvass and wood kayak.
- A rake's progress Roy repairs one of his 10yearold rakes, taking the opportunity to highlight the strength of wood when using the grain correctly.
- Making wooden shoes Bob Siegel visits the shop to share his unique knowledge of making wooden shoes using only four traditional tools.
- Publisher: Popular Woodworking
- Release date: March 2013
- Running Time: 6 Hours
- Format: 2-DVD Set
- ISBN-13: 978-1-4403-3287-6
- ISBN-10: 1-4403-3287-8