The Structure of Shawls with Angela Tong [DVD]
Learn how to create beautiful shawls from start to finish!
Join Angela as she shares her secrets to creating the perfect shawl in this video workshop from Interweave Knits. Both beginners and experts will find inspiration in a new shape, decorative decrease, or finishing technique.
The Structure of Shawls: Creating Beautiful Shawls from Start to Finish with Angela Tong
Whether youre interested in keeping your shoulders warm or creating a piece of wearable art, shawls are the perfect accessory to add a pop of color and elegance to your wardrobe. Instructor and designer Angela Tong guides you every step of the way, from planning your shawls shape to blocking and finishing your completed piece.
Beginning with the basics of shawl construction, you will learn:
- How to choose a shape for form and functionality
- Different fabrics and stitch patterns, from lace to colorwork
- A wide variety of increases and decreases
- Edgings and bind offs to make your shawl uniquely yours
- Blocking techniques for a finishing touch
- Running Time: 72 Minutes
- ISBN-13: 9781620338919