Structure and Design of Knitted Hats with Tanis Gray [DVD]
Learn about circumference measurements and the construction of various types of hats. Explore how to include custom stitch patterns for style and interest, how to decrease for the crown, and the easiest ways to add extra embellishments for the perfect hat.
Join Tanis as she clearly walks you through every step, from casting on to creating a pompom. Use that special skein of yarn youve been holding onto to make a warm, soft hat for yourself or someone special.
With this 82-minute video workshop, you will learn:
- How to measure heads, and patterns for the perfect match.
- Why gauge matters (yes, even in hats).
- Constructing hats from the bottom up, the top down, and even flat.
- How to incorporate the best stitch pattern for your hat.
- Techniques for shaping the crown, or top, of hats.
- How to block a round, 3D project.
- Adding special finishing touches for the best result.
Whether you are an ambitious beginner or hats are your go-to project, you are sure to perfect your hat knitting skills with this exciting video workshop.
- Running Time: 82 Minutes