Stone on Stone Setting with Michael Boyd [DVD] [Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist]
You'll love this if:
- You want to discover a different stone setting technique: setting stones or metal on top of stones.
- You want to learn how to add additional color, dimension, and texture to your stone settings with this layering technique.
- You want to uncover important jewelry making considerations for stone setting and jewelry design.
- Layer color, height, and dimension with this stone setting technique!
Join expert metalsmith and gem artist Michael Boyd and learn one of his signature techniques: stone on stone settings. Take a fundamental skill to the next level with this instructional video workshop as you uncover important tips for creating custom fit bezels, drilling holes in your stones successfully, and mounting gems atop larger ones. With endless possibilities for your jewelry designs, this is a must-have technique guide.
Here's What's Included:
- Learn essential bezel-making tips to make the perfect setting whether you're working with opaque, transparent, translucent, or semi-translucent stones.
- Uncover important steps for drilling holes in stones successfully.
- Discover ways to create snug mountings using tubing, burnishing, and epoxy.
- Explore ways to apply this layering method to metal to achieve the beautiful and contrasting look of metal on stone.
And so much more!
- Running Time: 50 Minutes