Metalsmith Essentials - Special Stone Settings - Saddle and Strap with Michael Boyd - DVD
Join expert metalsmith Michael Boyd for his video workshop that will teach you two alternative gemstone mounts: the saddle and the strap. Both gemstone settings allow for flat and round stones to be used in earrings, necklaces, and pendants. Begin by brushing up on your stone cutting and polishing skills so you can modify any stone to fit your needs. Next, dive into the saddle setting, where you will learn Michael's tips for cutting metal, drilling a hole through your stone, and finishing the setting with tube rivets. Finally, explore the strap setting, where you learn how to cut into your stone and polish for a clean finish, and create a workable bail. Discover the design possibilities at your fingertips with these alternative setting techniques.
Order your copy of this workshop video today to:
- Rethink how you use stones in your jewelry with these flexible setting techniques.
- Learn stone cutting processes that will enable you to go from slab to beautiful gemstone.
- Learn alternative methods for working with large stone setting machinery so you can complete the same tasks at your small-scale workbench.
- Get helpful tips for carving into your stones and expertly polishing them with Michael's wealth of stone cutting knowledge.
- Discover Michael's trick for balling wire next to your stone with success.
And much more!
- Running Time: 114 Minutes
- ISBN-13: 9781620338353