Make a Traditional English Tool Chest with Christopher Schwarz [DVD]
Build storage tailored for traditional tools.
Learn how to make this full-size traditional English tool chest based on period examples. Christopher Schwarz guides you step-by-step through the techniques to make this sturdy chest. It has plenty of room for the 50 or so hand tools you need to build just about anything - plus, it protects your tools from harmful dust.
In this woodworking DVD, you'll learn:
- Must-know basics for preparing wood
- How to cut the dovetails that join the carcase
- Joinery for a solid lid that seals out dust and dirt
- How to add period-appropriate hardware
- Simple storage solutions to maximize space inside your completed tool chest
- The steps to add border details to your piece
And much more!
When you're done, you'll have a showcase project that properly protects your most valuable investment - your tools.
- Running Time: 3 Hours 40 Minutes