Further Explorations in Jewelry Enameling - Kiln Fired Liquid Enamel and Sgraffito with Susan Lenart Kazmer DVD
Create fabulous enamel effects in a kiln
Alter the look with 17 different techniques including sgriffito, stencils, stamps, and more!
Join artist, mixed media jewelry expert, and innovator Susan Lenart Kazmer for Further Explorations in Jewelry Enameling, a workshop video that examines how to enamel on metal using a kiln. Building off Explorations in Jewelry Enameling, Susan takes a more detailed approach to kiln firing your enameled jewelry with this workshop video.
Uncover helpful tips, tricks, and techniques for kiln enameling you won't want to miss. Begin by examining ways to form your metal and prepare it for enameling. Then, layer on enamel using Susan's unique liquid enamel application. Learn how to prep various enamels for firing, mix colors, and get the right consistency for liquid enamels. Then, add custom textures and patterns to your work by mixing crackle and sgraffito, cutting into layered enamels to reveal the colors, and applying designs to the surface, among others. Finally, achieve the perfect finish with Susan's techniques for using resin as an alternative to counter-enameling, creating the perfect bail with a strong rivet, adding silk tassels and leather cords, and more.
Order this video workshop today to:
- Learn how to enamel using a kiln which allows for better temperature and color control.
- Avoid common enameling mishaps including how to trouble shoot a piece being stuck to a trivet.
- Etch to your enameled pieces via sgraffito, crackle the texture, incorporate lustrous mica powder and more with expert instruction.
- Discover basse taille, a low relief technique that creates dimension and contrast.
- Layer textures atop and within enamel - add pencil, enamel crayon, and stamp patterns.
And so much more!