Figure Drawing Fundamentals with Stanislav Prokopenko - DVD - 5 Disc Set
This course is approachable enough for beginners and detailed enough for advanced artists. My philosophy is to teach timeless concepts in an approachable entertaining way. I believe that when you are having fun, you learn better. I take pride in producing high quality videos that you will enjoy watching and re-watching.
You'll learn how to find the motion of the body through gesture, and how to make it look 3-dimensional with structure. You'll also learn the landmarks of the body, proportions of average and idealistic figures, how to properly measure, how to keep your figures balanced, how to exaggerate, and how to shade. The end of the course includes a complete figure drawing demonstration from layering to shading.
· How to find the motion of the body through gesture
· How to simplify the torso to quickly find its position using the bean and robo bean
· How to mannequinize the body into its simplest forms to find structure
· The landmarks on the body that we can use to measure and construct the forms
· The proportions of an average and idealistic person
· How to properly measure a figure in any position and get it plotted accurately on your paper
· How to make the figure appear balanced
· How to exaggerate your reference to make the drawing more interesting
· How to shade the drawing after you have the linear drawing finished
· A complete figure drawing from layering to shading
· Critiques of real student drawings