Creative Art Class - Mark Making and Drawing with Dawn Emerson DVD
Learn to loosen up, add energy and expressiveness, and find joy in making art with these creative techniques.
In this art instruction DVD you'll follow along with a variety of creative art demonstrations to reinvigotate your work, no matter what medium you use! From drawing and mark making to monotypes and an exploration of the "seven elements of art," the lessons in this video will help you break new ground and add creativity to your drawings and paintings.
- Introduction to Creative Process
- Warm Up with Abstract Shapes: use cutout shapes and storytelling art
- Warm Up with Abstract Marks: draw with a brayer and use frottage
- Build a Mark-Making Language: try new ways of making marks with unusual art supplies
- No-Mistake Monotypes: "draw" through ink and print your results
- Sawing Drawing: draw with straight lines and big arm motions
- Draw Your Subject in New Ways: use blind contour, mass, tone and texture
- Elements of Art: copy a master painting with charcoal and pastel
- Conclusion: Where Do You Go From Here