Color Magic: Value & Harmony with Deb Menz [DVD]
Composing colors is like making music: sometimes your composition calls for thunderous drama and sometimes you want quiet harmony. And like every good musician, you need to know your instrument, the palette of colors available in your medium. In this video, master colorist and crafter Deb Menz explains how to compose with colors in a variety of mediums to create just the mood and impression you want.
Through color exercises with Deb and seeing literally hundreds of examples, youll learn:
- How to accurately determine the value of a color
- How to work with color in major and minor color keys
- How to determine whether colors are analogous or complementary
- Composition with color chords: triads, tetrads, and hexads
Master colorist and crafter Deb Menz makes color theory fun and accessible and applies it to a multitude of crafts!
This workshop covers color concepts for knitting, spinning, weaving, surface design, hand-and-machine-embroidery, beadwork, quilting, and paper collage.
If understanding color is the path to creative expression, this video will be an invaluable companion on your journey.
- Running Time: 106 Minutes