Build a Classic Shaker Stool with Kerry Pierce - DVD
Build a Classic Shaker Stool is the perfect resource to learn more about classic Shaker styles and techniques!
Learn Techniques to Grow With! This Shaker stool is a great furniture project all by itself, and the techniques used to create it will teach you the building blocks for all Shaker seating projects.
- How to create and use story sticks for accurate, repeatable sizing and mortise layout
- Simple turning techniques to first shape the posts and rungs, then add the tenons
- To use two shop-made jigs for easily locating the rung mortises in the posts
- The techniques for weaving a beautiful seat using basic tools
…and much more!
Only basic turning skills and simple woodworking knowledge are necessary to get you started building this classic Shaker stool.
About the Host:
Kerry Pierce has enjoyed a 30-year career as a furniture maker specializing in Shaker and Shaker-inspired work. He has written four books and 20 magazine articles focusing on Shaker furniture and woodenware. He has shown his Shaker-inspired work in a number of regional venues, most recently at “Ohio Furniture by Contemporary Masters” at the Decorative Arts Center of Ohio. He is also an instructor at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking in Indianapolis, teaching most often about Shakerstyle chairmaking.
- ISBN-13: 9781440349911
- Running Time: 117 Minutes